Creating online donation pages
Your organization's members and website visitors want a convenient way to donate online. iMIS makes it easy for your supporters to contribute to the causes and projects your organization champions by providing an out-of-the-box Give Now web page to collect donations.
If you want to customize your online donation page, you can copy and modify the Give Now page or build your own customized donation page.
The Donor and Member quick start sites both provide an out-of-the-box donation page, Give Now. You can simply copy the desired quick start site to quickly create your own website with a Give Now page.
If you want to make changes to the Give Now page, copy the Give Now content record at @/iCore/Fundraising/GiveNow and modify the copy. Then, point a navigation item on your website to the copied Give Now content record.
If you would prefer not to use the out-of-the-box pages, iMIS provides the ability to build a custom donation page for your organization. You have flexibility in how you design your donation page, but there are a few requirements that must be met.
Do the following to build a donation page:
- From the Staff site, go to RiSE > Page Builder > Manage content, and create a new content record.
- Add the necessary content items to your content record.
Content items for donation pages:Donation Creator
Allows the entry of donation information for donations. Select the following configuration options:
Recurring Donation Creator
- Processing mode: Select Process donation immediately to process the donation immediately or Add donation to cart to add the donation to your cart where a user can pay for it along with any other items in the cart when they check out.
- Payment term options: Enable the Fixed payment terms to provide the ability for donors to choose to pay a donation with a single payment, or make installment payments to fulfill a specific donation amount.
If you select None (single payment only), the donor can still specify a single amount for a gift, but will not see any option to pay with installment payments. The donor must submit the full payment amount when they make a donation.
Note: Payment term options is only available when the Processing mode is set to Process donation immediately.
- Gift Item: Associate the donation with a distribution. See Associating donations with a for more information.
- Commit sequence: 2 if you choose to process the donation immediately. You do not need to choose a commit sequence if you add the donation to the cart.
Allows the user to set their donation to repeat at a specified time interval (weekly, monthly, annually, and so forth).
Select the following configuration options:
Note: In order to use AutoPay you must have a license key. Contact ASI for more information.
Tribute Gift Editor
- Commit sequence: 3 if you choose to process the donation immediately. You do not need to choose a commit sequence if you add the donation to the cart.
(optional) Allows donors to make a donation in of someone. You can only use this content item if the Donation Creator is configured to process the donations immediately. If you use the Tribute Gift Editor, you must also create a connection to the Donation Creator. Select the following configuration options:
Contact Account Creator
- Commit sequence: 4
Allows unauthenticated users to create an account when they submit a donation. Select the following configuration options:
- Hide for authenticated users: Enable
Users must log in to make a donation, so that their contribution is recorded against an iMIS ID. Enable this option so that your supporters are only prompted to create an account if they are not logged in.
- Include option to create an account: Enable
- Require username and password: Enable
- Commit sequence: 1
Required to allow entry of payment information. Select the following configuration options:
Submit Order Button Link
Display Update button: Disable
Commit sequence: 5
Required to submit the donation.
- URL for order confirmation: Select a content record to display after the user has submitted a donation.
Note: A sample content record thanking the user for their contribution is available at . Make a copy of this content record if you want to use it in your website.
- Purpose: Donation
- Commit sequence: 6
The description can also determine the description that displays above the Gift Amount field on the donation page if you configure the Donation Creator content item to include this information.
- In the Donation Creator content item on your donation page,.
Set the by an ItemId URL parameter – Indicates that the Donation Creator content item will be dynamically populated with a gift item based on the value of an ItemId parameter in the URL.
For example, let’s say you want to provide a list of all of your current fundraising campaigns on your homepage, each of which links to a donation page for the cause. Instead of creating a custom donation page for each campaign, you can set up a single content record that contains the Donation Creator configured to Set the by an ItemId URL parameter. Then you only have to add the URL parameter and to each of the links. When clicked, your content record displays the description and gift amount options associated with the .Using relative links, absolute links, or navigation items to link to your donation page
- Relative link: To assign the URL parameter from a relative link pointing to a content record published to your website, use the Content Link content item. For example, if you have a content record with a Publish File Name of DonateNow in the @/CoreContent/Fundraising content folder, and you want the link to populate the Donation Creator with the BLDG, then enter the following relative URL in the Content Link content item’s URL for link field:~/iMIS/Fundraising/DonateNow.aspx?ItemId=.
- Absolute link: To assign the URL parameter through an absolute link to the page, add the URL parameter to the link's URL. For example, if you want to create a link to a donation page for the BLDG , set the URL to http://mywebsite.com/donationpage.aspx?ItemId=.
- Navigation item: To assign the URL parameter from a navigation item, enter ItemId= in the URL Parameters field of the navigation item pointing to your content record. For example, ItemId=.
Select a – Specifies a single to be used for any donations made from the content item. If selected, this option overrides the value of an ItemId parameter in the URL.